Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sleazy T Ale

I've decided to brew another English Ale for my next beer. My friend Sleazy T from Des Moines really likes this beer called John Courage but they aren't making it anymore. I did a little research on John Courage. I think this beer will be similar to what John Courage is like.

I've decided to add a special twist to this beer. I've decided I would like a little more hop aroma without the added bitterness that you get from adding more hops to the boil pot. To accomplish this I am going to dry hop this beer with two half ounce plugs of East Kent Goldings. It should be interesting.

Sleazy T Ale

3.5 pounds Munton and Fison Extra Light Dry Malt Extract
14 oz light brown sugar
1/2 pound Crystal 50-60ยบ Simpson’s (UK)
1/2 pound flaked corn
1/2 pound flaked wheat

Hops

1 oz 4% Fuggles (60 minutes)
1/2 oz 3% German Tradition (60 minutes)

1 oz East Kent Goldings plugs - dry hopped for last week in secondary

1 tsp Irish Moss added in last 10 minutes of boil

Yeast
White Labs #WLP005 British Ale Yeast

No comments: