Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Liberty Cream Ale Part 1

Even thought the Benn Naughty Ale is still aging in the bottles, almost all of it is spoken for. I am bringing a huge amount of it to my great uncle's 80th birthday party at the end of August. Because Hawkeye football season is coming up I decided I didn't want to be caught without some homebrew.

The second beer I brewed up is from a Midwest Supplies kit called Liberty Cream Ale. It seems to be a very popular kit in the brewing community. I brewed on 7/19/8. This one I did according to the book. I did a 30 minute steep and a 60 minute boil. It is sitting in the fermenter right now. My starting gravity was 1.046. I calculated the international bitter units to be 37.5.

My plans for this beer are to leave it into the secondary fermenter for at least 2 weeks. Supposedly if you leave it in the secondary fermenter longer it will end up being a clearer beer.

No comments: